Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Made for Eternity

"To be made for eternity and forced to dwell in time is for mankind a tragedy of huge proportions. All within us cries for life and permanence, and everything around us reminds us of mortality and change. Yet that God has made us of the stuff of eternity is both a glory and a prophecy, a glory yet to be realized and a prophecy yet to be fulfilled." - A. W. Tozer

I was glad to find this quote. It reassured me that maybe I am not crazy. Sometimes I feel at odds with this world and all the busy activity going on around me. There are times I get this deep, unexplained, unbidden longing coming from some hidden place within me that cries for real life, true life. I grow weary of carrying the shackles of sin, of time, of place. I want to roam free. My spirit seems to know that I was created for something more. As Tozer says, we are created for eternity. And in that eternity dwells our God and Savior. Come quickly, Lord Jesus, that we might finally be all we were created to be and that we might see Him Who has always been and always will be. Maranatha.

No comments: