Thursday, April 7, 2011

Following Jesus

I want to live in a way that is best described by Jesus' statement to his disciples, "Follow Me." I want to follow Jesus throughout my day - in the ordinary aspects, in the surprises, in the curve balls. I want to follow Jesus in my relationships - with my family, with my friends, with my coworkers. I want to follow Jesus as I work, and rest, and play. If I am following Jesus, I don't have to worry about where I am headed; I just need to follow the One in front of me. If I am following Jesus, I don't have to determine the way out of difficulties; I just need to follow the One who guides me. If I am following Jesus, I don't have to know the future; I just have to follow the One who holds it. Following Jesus makes life simpler. It provides great security. It allows me to live each moment, treasure each relationship, knowing that He who is faithful is holding all things together. Thank you, Jesus.

2 comments:

melissa said...

I needed to hear this today. Tricia. Thank you. Would you mind if I re-post it on my blog? (With credit to you, of course.)
Thanks!

Tricia Lambert said...

Melissa,
Yes, it is fine for you to repost. I am glad that it was an encouragement to you!